Your brain can best be described as your body’s computer.It is interesting to note that human brain is the undisputable nervous system in human and when combined with the spinal cords, it is referred to as the central nervous system. The brain is actually made up of the cerebellum, the cerebrum and the brainstem. Brain is the central control system for controlling almost all activity of human such as body, integrating and processing. As a matter of fact, this vital unit is equally effective for the coordination of all information received from every other sense organs. Hence, it is the highest decision making unit, disseminating information to the entire body.
Generally speaking, brain is enclosed in a skull bones. While the cerebrum has the largest share of human brain, it is made up of two cerebral hemispheres.The outermost grey matter is call cerebral cortex and it covers the major white matter. Again, it is noteworthy to state that the cortex is divided into neocortex and allocortex. Whereas neocortex comprises of 6 neuronal layers, meanwhile, allocortex comprises of just 3 or 4.
Human brains is structured and grow from 3 dimensions, namely: Hindbrain, Forebrain and Midbrain while each is made up of fluid-filled cavities otherwise known as Ventricles.Traditionally, every single hemisphere is grouped into4 lobes which is often called occipital, temporal, frontal and parietal lobes. As the occipital lobe is reserved for vision, the frontal lobe is directly related to executive functions such as abstract thoughts, planning, reasoning as well as self discipline. Each of the lobes is created with cortical parts that has to do with the unique responsibility to perform, including association, motor and sensory aspect. Despite the similarity of left and right hemispheres in functions and size, many functions are linked to one part. For avoidance of down, it has been established that the left associated with language whereas the right part is regulates the visual- spatial capacity. The nerve tracts connect the hemisphere which has the corpus callosum as the largest.
Scientific Different between Human and Animal Brains:
- Studies have revealed that the major difference is that human brain is relatively larger;
- The neurons per unit volume in human is higher compared to animals except some few intelligent animals like dolphins and monkeys;
- Human brain is blessed with the highest and more effective frontal lobes above any animal for complex functions like abstract thinking, logic reasoning, planning and self-control.
Comparing human right brain to left brain
Human brain is categorized to right hemispheres and left hemispheres, joined by layers of nerve fibers called corpus callosum. This hemisphere is not fully symmetrical but very close to it. The right brain regulates and coordinates the activities on the left side while the left brain also have dominance and coordinates all the muscles located at the right part of the body. The general impressions about the quality and effectiveness of the right brain and left brain have not been scientifically established anyway. Meanwhile some of the obvious differences include:
- The left brain comprises of locations that has to do with language and speech and closely linked with fact retrieval and mathematical calculations;
- The right brain is saddled with creativity and tasks involving auditory process and visual, artistic potentials and spatial skills;
- The two hemispheres jointly perform these tasks but nobody has ever use more than 50% of these.
Human Brains and Basic Facts:
- In terms of visible shapes and size, human brain is obviously the largest among all vertebrates;
- Human brain is estimated to be 3.3 lbs or 1.5 kg;
- The brain is just 2% of the entire bodily weight;
- The cerebrum amass 85% of the whole brain weight;
- Human brains are loaded with around 86 billion nerve cells, called theneurons. This is the “grey matter” ;
- The nerve fibers in human brain runs to several billions (axons and dendrites). This is the “white matters”;
- The neurons are severally connected in trillions or synapses.
Health Tips for Human Brains
It is not enough to think of body fitness only. Rather it equally important to always give consideration to brain fitness. As a matter of fact, the contribution of human brain to his or her existence and relevance cannot be overemphasized. For instance, brain as the most vital human organ is the reservoir of memory, aptitude, and learning, working and playing.Studies have revealed that the following lifestyles can contribute significantly to brain health:
Get Engaged Socially
Many key factors that facilitate happiness include family and friends which could as well enhance healthy brain. It has been established that routine social life stimulates the development of new brain cells and also supports assist in brain repair. Brain can actually be helped via interaction in social activities such as clubbing, office outings, visit friends and relatives.
Be Mentally Alert
The popular saying “use it or lose it” is the most suitable as far as your brain is concerned. Studies have shown it over and again that brain has the capacity to learn and also retain fresh facts and skills for the entire life, particularly when subject to stimulations from regular intellectual exercise. Hence you can always exercise your brain with intellectual adventures, academic career, reading and games. Brain sees these as fun and challenge to accept, process and develop.
Be Active and Active
The entire human health is usually subject to healthy brain. There are many significant ways by which exercise enhance the healthy living, including assisting in maintaining healthy weight, facilitating effective blood circulation to the brains and body. This invariably stimulates the development of fresh cells and connections.
Feeding the Brain
The most recent research shows that certain foods help in promoting brain health while brain cells are much more protected. These include omega 3 fatty acids and protective foods like vitamin E.