10 July 2018
Very Good based on 13 reviews
10 tab @ $2.07 per tab
Buy Exelon Generic Tablets with our Product Satisfaction Guarantee. Exelon Generic and Rivastigmine drugs contain the same active substance
- Really Fast Delivery
- Discreet Packs
- Reliable Online Store
- Online Order Tracking
- Cheap Price Guarantee
- No Hidden Costs
General Info: Uses and Effects
Brand and other names: Exelon, Exelon Patch.
Classes: Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitors, central, cholinesterase Inhibitors.
Exelon is a para sympathomimetic and is a reversible cholinesterase inhibitor which is used to treat symptoms in people with dementia related to Alzheimer's disease and also for the patients with parkinson's disease. An early patho physiological feature of Alzheimer's disease that is associated with memory loss and cognitive deficits is a deficiency of acethcholine as a result of selective loss of cholinergic nerve cells in the cerebral cortex, nucleus basalis and hippocampus.
Rivastigmine is also considered as therapy in people with Parkinson's disease (a brain and nervous sytem disease with symptoms such as slowing of movement, loss of memory, gait problems and muscle weakness and dementia). People with this disease have lower levels of acetylcholine which is important for the process of memory, thinking and reasoning. If the proposed mechanism is correct Rivastigmine may lessen the disease progression and cholinergic neurons may remain functionally intact. Exelon pills is known to emhance cognitive function and improve the ability to perform daily routine activities.
Any specific brand name of this medication may not be available in all of the forms or approved for all of the conditions. This drug may be available under multiple brand names or in different forms. The Rivastigmine patch may take several weeks to begin working and individual response varies still.
Sometime this medicine is used to treat another problem related to brain called Lewy body dementia which is a condition in which the brain develops abnormal protein structures and thus brain is destroyed over time.
Before taking Exelon
Always inform your physician and/or local pharmacist if you have ever experienced an allergic reaction to Rivastigmine tablet after taking it in any form including capsule, oral solution, the skin patch, or to any other medications. Remember that your doctor prescribes you a certain medicine for your own benefit and it is never a good idea to discontinue treatment without professional advice.
Use with caution if you have:
- History of peptic ulcer or gastrointestinal bleeding;
- History of asthma or COPD;
- Anorexia may induce extra cerebral symptoms;
- Sick sinus syndrome.
Always ask your doctor about the list of the ingredients, prescription and non prescription (over-the-counter) medicines you are taking, as well as any products such as vitamins, minerals and herbal products. You should bring this list in every visit or in case of emergency with you.
- Before using this medicine, you should consult about body weight with your doctor because if you are weighing less than 110 lb or 50 kilograms you will need to take special precautions.
- If you are having surgery including dental surgery - always tell your dentist.
- Be careful if you are pregnant or are trying to become pregnant or are breast feeding.
- Do not forget to mention if you are having any of the following medicines, aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, bethanechol, ipratropium and drugs for Alzheimer's disease. Specific conditions which need mentioning include glaucoma, irritable bowel disease and urinary problems.
- Avoid driving and doing other tasks or actions that call for you to be alert until you see how Exelon drug affects you.
- Talk with your doctor before drinking alcohol.
- Always use it under supervision and according to your doctors advise. It can be harmful for people to use if their doctor had not prescribed it.
Standard Dosage For Drug
Exelon is available in oral tablets packs, solution and transdermal patches. Oral solutions are swallowed from provided syringe or mixed with small glass of fluid.
Before you start taking Rivastigmine read the information leaflet from your pharmacist. Dosage is based on your medical condition and response to treatment. The starting dose of Rivastigmine tablets for the treatment of Alzheimer's is 1.5mg two times a day. After 15 days, your doctor may increase the dose to 3mg twice a daily. The maximum recommended dose is 6mg twice daily. Take Exelon drugs with food in the evening and morning. Your healthcare will gradually increase the dose over 2 to 4 weeks.
Transdermal patches initially start with 4.6mg per 24hours, which may increase up to 9.5mg per 24hr after a minimum of 4 weeks, given it is well tolerated. Replace with new patch every 24hr. If it is almost time for your next dose skip the missed one and take the drug at the next regularly scheduled time. If you miss several doses in a row, call your doctor before taking any more of this drug.
Adverse effects of Exelon
Despite its better results in improving dementia Exelon pill may cause many adverse reactions such as diarrhea, constipation, headache, loss of appetite, stomach pain, vomiting, drowsiness, dizziness etc.
Contact with your physician as soon as feasible if any of the following side effect occurs:
- Worsening of parkinson's symptoms;
- Increased blood pressure;
- Any pathology of the liver (nausea, vomiting, anorexia, weight loss);
- Stiff limbs;
- Signs of anemia (dizziness, pale skin, shortness of breath);
- Urinary incontinence;
- Symptoms of urinary tract infection (e.g., frequent micturition, dysuria, burning or painful micturation, frequent urination etc.).
Immediately stop the medicine and contact with medical care centre if the following occurs:
- Vomiting blood or when mixed with stool;
- blistering of skin, eyes or genitals;
- symptoms of stroke such as vision changes, lack of coordination, difficulty speaking, difficulty in hearing, numbness or sudden paralysis;
- Inflammatory symptoms of pancreas (unbearable stomach pain);
- Symptoms of heart attack (pain, pressure or discomfort in chest, shortness of breath).
This is not the full list of side effects that can be met. Talk to your doctor or pharmaceutical chemist if you have any doubts. Certain people may suffer side effects apart from those listed above, in this case they have to talk to their physicians.
If you suspect of Rivastigmine overdose, seek medical attention without any delay. Remember what dosage you have taken and when you took Rivastigmine the last time. Inform your doctor about it without fail.
There may be an interaction between Rivastigmine and any of the following:
- Antihistamines (chlorpheniramine, brompheniramine);
- Beta blockers (e.g. atenolol, metoprolol);
- Calcium channel blockers (e.g. amlodipine, diltiazem, verapamil);
- Cholinergic medications (e.g. bethanechol) antagonizes anticholinergics;
- May potentiate succinylcholine-type muscle relaxants, cholinergic agonists.
This document does not contain all possible drug interactions. These interactions may change how your medications work or increase your risk for serious side effects. Remember that you are not advised to start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicines without your doctor's consent.
27 Aug 2017
10 Aug 2017
22 July 2017
10 July 2017
7 July 2017
29 Jun 2017
16 Jun 2017
29 May 2017
19 May 2017
7 May 2017
17 Apr 2017
29 Mar 2017