Be the first to rate and review this product
10 tab @ $2.07 per tab
Buy Fincar Tablets with our Product Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Really Fast Delivery
- Discreet Packs
- Reliable Online Store
- Online Order Tracking
- Cheap Price Guarantee
- No Hidden Costs
General Info: Uses and Effects
Fincar or Finasteride is used for the treatment of prostate enlargement or BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia) and man hair loss. It is widely renowned as Proscar and Propecia. Fincar belongs to the class of 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor. It is also available as a generic medicine. This tablets reduces the risk of the need for surgery and prostatectomy as urinary retention caused due enlarged prostate is treated completely. It causes inversion in man balding, thereby, causing moderate or no hair fall but it does not restore the past hair losses. Fincar is also found to treat excessive hair growth in women and certain cases of prostate cancer. The drug does not treat hair losses in women. It may also have certain adverse side effects.
Uses of Fincar
- Prostate enlargement or BPH: Finasteride is used as a medication to treat Prostate enlargement or BPH. It takes more than 3 months for fin cars intensive effects to appear. Generally, the effects appear shortly in cases of prostate enlargement greater than 40 cubic centimeters. Symptoms such as urinary retention, difficulty in the initiation of urination, decreased urinary flow and difficulty in urinating at night.
- Scalp hair loss: Fincar is used to treat hair loss in men. Fincar slows hair fall only as long as the medication is continued, however, the hair loss is significantly reduced after the withdrawal of the medicine. Fincar shows 30-35% effectiveness after 6 months of intake of the tablet.
- Excessive hair growth: Many studies and experimental results have shown that Fincar reduces excessive facial and body hair growth in women. Women facing excessive hair growth due to persistent adrenarche syndrome found 92% reduction in facial hair growth and 73% reduction in body hair growth in women, however, the intended results appear after pursuing the medication for at least 2 years.
- Hormone replacement: Fincar is also used for transgender women in hormone replacement therapy. Fincar is used in combination with estrogen for this purpose. However, one needs to be cautious enough while continuing this treatment as the side effects such as anxiety, depression, breast enlargement and pains in various parts of the body are common. In addition, the effectiveness of Fincar in this regard is also limited to certain extent.
- Prostate cancer: Fincar is used as chemoprevention to treat prostate cancer, however, the efficacy in cases of aggressive prostate cancer is limited.
Contraindication: Important to Know
It is not advised to intake Fincar by pregnant women as it causes birth defects in unborn babies. It should also be avoided by a person allergic to finasteride pill. This medication is not recommended for breastfeeding women. In addition, pediatric patients should also avoid the use of this medicine for their safety.
In addition, it should be continuously checked if a person undergoing this treatment has reported conditions such as hypotonic cancer, infections, neurogenic diseases, and symptoms indicating prostate cancer. Patients reporting such problems should take consultations from the doctor and stop in taking such medications. It should also be cautioned in patients with liver abnormalities.
How does Fincar works
Fincar 5mg mainly works by reducing the amount of production of DTH (dihydrotestosterone) levels in the body. Fincar stops the conversion of testosterone to di-hydro-testosterone as it restricts the action of enzyme type II alpha reductase which causes the conversion. Thus, DTH levels in the blood are significantly reduced.
DTH, found in hair follicles, is also responsible for scalp hair loss in men. DTH causes the hair follicles in men to shrink thereby resulting in smaller or thinner hair growth and eventually a condition arises where hair cease to grow from the follicle as DTH blocks the entire hair follicle. Fincar restricts DTH growth in hair follicles thereby allowing normal hair growth.
Fincar or finasteride is taken in dose of 5 mg. Fincar tablets are not chewable as chewing them may leave mouth or throat sore rather it should be swallowed with water. It should be taken once a day as per the prescription of the healthcare provider. It may take several months for the effects of tablets to appear as it takes considerable time for regrowth of hair and shrinkage of the prostate. If one discontinues the treatment in between the course of medication, then one may experience hair loss or prostate enlargement again. In case of a missed dosage, tablets should be taken as soon as you remember. Consult a doctor as soon as possible in case of overdoses.
The side effects of Fincar are usually rare but 1% or more patients report about the side effects which are as follows:
- Increased risk of prostate cancer;
- Premature Ejaculatory and erectile problems in men;
- A headache;
- Cold sweats;
- Decreased sexual interest;
- Abdominal pain;
- Skin problems such as Dermatitis and skin rashes;
- Allergic reactions;
- Swelling of lips and face;
- Male breast cancer, in rare cases;
- Breast enlargement;
- Breast tenderness;
- Testicular pain;
- Low libido;
- Abnormal hair growth on women face and body in cases of women intake of Fincar;
- Decreased amount of semen.
Thus, intake of this medication should be under the consultation of a doctor as side effects may overpower in case of unadvised dosages.
Interaction with Other Drugs
It is important to know about the interaction of one drug with another one (which can include both recreational and prescription pill) to avoid putting yourself in any undesirable discomfort or danger. Fincar is known to react with medicines like Nelfinavir (used to treat HIV) and Diltiazem (for chest pains).
Alcohol should be avoided during the course of this medication. It is not an addictive drug. In case of over doses, it should be consumed with food or beverages to decrease adverse kidney effects.