10 Sept 2017
Very Good based on 17 reviews
1 inh @ $46.09 per inh
Buy Flovent Generic Tablets with our Product Satisfaction Guarantee. Flovent Generic and Fluticasone drugs contain the same active substance
- Really Fast Delivery
- Discreet Packs
- Reliable Online Store
- Online Order Tracking
- Cheap Price Guarantee
- No Hidden Costs
General Info: Uses and Effects
Flovent contains an active substance called Fluticasone Propionate. It belongs to a group of drugs called corticosteroids (often abbreviated as steroids). When using inhaled steroids, very small doses of the drug are needed, because you will breathe them directly into your lungs.
Flovent reduces swelling and irritation in the lungs. It has anti-inflammatory effects. It may help prevent the onset of asthma attack in people who need a regular therapeutic treatment. For this reason, it is also called an "asthma-preventive" medicine. It needs to be applied regularly, every day.
Note that this drug will not help you in the treatment of sudden asthma attacks, when you feel like you are suffocating. In the treatment of such sudden attacks, other drugs should be used (commonly called bronchodilators).
Contraindications: Important to Know
You should not use Flovent if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to Fluticasone Propionate or any ingredient of this drug.
Flovent must be used with extra precaution in patients being treated for tuberculosis.
It should be avoided during pregnancy, because there are no data on how this drug may affect fetal development. It is also not known whether it is excreted in breast milk, therefore breastfeeding should be avoided while taking this medicine.
Instructions on Taking
If you are over 16 years of age and you are using more than 1000mcg per day, you need to use your medicine with an inhalation chamber that prevents the appearance of adverse effects in the mouth and throat. Your doctor, nurse or pharmacist will advise you on the use of the medicine using an inhalation chamber.
Some people find it difficult to press the pump button immediately after inhaling. Chamber for inhalation helps to solve this problem.
It may take several days for this drug to start working and is therefore very important that you take Flovent regularly.
You should periodically check that you are using it in the right way. If you are not taking Flovent properly or according to your doctor's instructions, it may not work well.
- Remove the lid from the mouthpiece.
- Hold it gently between your thumb and forefinger.
- Shake it well before use.
- Move the mouthpiece away from you and press a bottle to relieve one dose of medicine in the air. If you have not used the inhaler for 15 days, press the bottle to relieve at least two doses in the air.
- Exhale as deeply as you can and do not re-inhale air.
- Put the mouthpiece in the mouth between your teeth and close your lips, but do not bite the mouthpiece.
- Start breathing slowly and deeply through your mouth. As soon as you start to breathe through your mouth, press the top of the inhaler to release one dose.
- Hold the breath for 10 seconds and remove the inhaler from the mouth.
- After use, rinse your mouth with water and spit out. Always place the cap to a mouthpiece to protect it from dust and other impurities.
To prevent your inhaler from blockage, it is important to clean it at least once a week, according to the instructions given below. If your inhaler is blocked, it should be cleaned in accordance with the following instructions:
- Remove the mouthpiece.
- Never remove the metal bottle from the plastic box.
- Wipe the plastic box and the mouthpiece cap from the outside and inside with a paper or with a napkin.
- Put the mouthpiece cap back in place.
- Never put metal bottle in water.
Flovent comes in two different strengths. Your doctor will decide which dose of this medicine is best for you. Use the drug exactly as advised by your doctor. The medicine is used with the inhaler. Make sure the medication you receive can be used appropriately.
Recommended dosages in adults and children older than 16 years:
- Mild asthma - the usual starting dose is 100mcg twice daily.
- Moderate and severe asthma - the usual starting dose is 250mcg to 500mcg twice daily.
It is recommended to use up to a maximum of 1,000mcg twice a day.
Flovent 125mcg and Flovent 250mcg are not suitable for children younger than 16 years.
It is recommended to regularly check the height of children who are being treated with steroids, including children who are taking Fluticasone.
If you use high doses of inhaled steroids over a long period of time, it may be that in certain circumstances additional steroid use will be required, for example in case of stress situations, such as a traffic accident or prior surgery. Your doctor may assess whether or not you require higher doses in these circumstances.
Patients who have been on the high dose steroid therapy for a long period of time, including Flovent should not stop using this drug abruptly without prior consultation with the doctor. An abrupt discontinuation of therapy can lead to worsening of symptoms and cause vomiting, drowsiness, nausea, headache, loss of appetite, low blood sugar, and muscle cramps.
Flovent Fluticasone may cause following side effects:
- Candidiasis of mouth and throat.
- Pain in the tongue or throat.
You can alleviate your tongue and throat problems by washing teeth or rinsing your mouth. You should inform your doctor if you have problems with mouth or throat, but do not stop taking this medicine if your doctor does not tell you what to do so.
In addition, Flovent may cause following side effects:
- Pneumonia and bronchitis: contact your doctor if you notice any of the following symptoms:,
- Increased salivation;
- Fever ;
- Severe cough;
- Difficulty breathing.
- Bleeding from the nose;
- High blood sugar;
- Pain in the joints;
- Abdominal pain;
If any side effects get serious, or if you notice any adverse reactions that are not listed here, you must inform your doctor immediately.
22 Aug 2017
21 Aug 2017
10 Aug 2017
26 July 2017
18 July 2017
30 Jun 2017
26 Jun 2017
11 Jun 2017
31 May 2017
27 May 2017
14 May 2017
23 Apr 2017
14 Apr 2017
26 Mar 2017
22 Mar 2017
16 Mar 2017