11 Jun 2017
Excellent based on 9 reviews
1 cream @ $5.77 per cream
Buy Lotrimin Generic Tablets with our Product Satisfaction Guarantee. Lotrimin Generic and Clotrimazole drugs contain the same active substance
- Really Fast Delivery
- Discreet Packs
- Reliable Online Store
- Online Order Tracking
- Cheap Price Guarantee
- No Hidden Costs
General Info: Uses and Effects
Lotrimin Clotrimazole is an antifungal drug which can be administered both orally and topically. This medicine is used in the treatment of fungal infections such as diaper rash and vaginal yeast infection (this includes vaginal itching, burnings, and discharges that are associated with vaginal yeast infection). It functions by preventing the growth of yeasts that are responsible for this infection. When used in treating vaginal infections, this drug can be made use of topically and orally. When used topically, it is applied around the area just outside the vagina. In addition to being used as a drug in the treatment of vaginal yeast infections, Lotrimin is also made use of in the treatment of athlete's foot and ringworm.
Clotrimazole alters the permeability of the cell wall of fungal cells. It also attaches itself to phospholipids that are located in the cell membrane, at this moment, inhibiting the biosynthesis of the troll that is needed for the production of the cell membrane. All these actions are usually responsible for the death of the cell and ultimately the treatment of fungal infections
It is important to note that Lotrimin Clotrimazole cannot be used to treat other vagina infections such as bacterial vaginosis.
Contraindications: Important to Know
There are quite some things that should be done before using Clotrimazole. This is important because this drug is not entirely suitable for everyone. Therefore, to ascertain if this medicine is right for you, you need to let your doctor or pharmacist know about your medical history. In addition to your medical history, your professional healthcare provider should know what your current state of health is and should be aware of any allergies that you are suffering from. Other information that your professional physician should be aware of before taking this drug are:
- Pregnancy: At the moment, there are no side effects of Clotrimazole on both pregnant women and unborn babies. That, notwithstanding, this drug should not be made use of by pregnant women unless when following the prescription of a doctor. Also, there is a tendency that the period of use of this medicament for pregnant women will exceed that of women that are not expecting any babies.
- Sores around the Vagina: If there are sores around your vagina, it is essential to make our doctor aware. Also, you should report cases of bloodstained or bad-smelling vaginal discharge. It is also crucial to make your doctor aware If you have ever contacted any sexually transmitted infections have a partner with sexually transmitted diseases.
Instructions on Taking
The first step in taking Lotrimin right to go through the information that comes with the drug prescription label carefully. Usually, the drug prescription label contains virtually all the information that is needed to administer this drug properly. After going through the instruction, if you must get the best out of the use of this drug, it is essential that you follow the instruction that comes with the prescription label religiously unless otherwise stated by a doctor.
Before applying this medicine topically on any affected part of your body, wash and dry that part of your body. Clotrimazole should be used to the infected part of your body two times every day. This medication should be right in just the quantity that is needed to cover the infected part of the body as well as the area surrounding it. To get expected results from the use of this medication, ensure that you always use it regularly and about the same time every day
When using this drug to treat fungal infections in the vagina topically, carefully rub this cream around your vagina and also in the back passage of your vagina. This should be done about three times every day until all the sores and symptoms that are associated with the infections are entirely gone.
Apart from following your doctor's instruction very strictly, to get the best out of this drug, you should keep making use of it until the period of treatment is over. This way, you can prevent the recurrence of another vaginal infection that is associated with not making use of the drug throughout treatment.
After making use of Clotrimazole for over seven days and symptoms persist, it is okay to repeat the process all over again. However, if you have suffered from the same vaginal infection more than two times, then you should talk to your doctor about it.
The dosage of Lotrimin is dependent on how to sever your infection is as well as your level of response to treatment.
- Dosage for Tinea Corporis: When this medication is used in treating tinea corporis, it should be applied over the affected area as well as the skin surrounding this area. This should be done twice a day for four weeks.
- Dosage for Tinea Cruris: Clometazole should be applied over the infected area and the skin surrounding it two times every day for two weeks.
- Dosage for Tinea Pedis: Lotrimin is used to topically treat tinea pedis by applying it to the infected area two time every day. This procedure should be carried out for a period of 4 -8 weeks.
- Dosage for Cutaneous Candidiasis: Clometazole should be applied over the infected area two time each day. This treatment should last for 2-4 weeks.
- Pediatric Dosage for Cutaneous Candidiasis: For children that are less than 3-years-old, this drug should be applied very gently over the infected area of the body. This should be done two times daily and should be done consistently for 2-4 weeks.
- Pediatric Dosage for Tinea Pedis: When children that are less than three years old are being treated with this drug, it should be applied topically to the infected area two times daily for 4-8 weeks.
The side effects of Lotrimin Clometazole include:
Interactions with Other Drugs
Lotrimin Clotrimazole interacts with a total of 313 drugs. 62 of these interactions are major reactions, 218 of them are moderate, and 33 of these reactions are minor ones.
22 May 2017
11 May 2017
4 May 2017
22 Apr 2017
6 Apr 2017
27 Mar 2017
25 Mar 2017
13 Mar 2017