1 Aug 2017
Excellent based on 12 reviews
10 tab @ $0.58 per tab
Buy Phenergan Generic Tablets with our Product Satisfaction Guarantee. Phenergan Generic and Promethazine drugs contain the same active substance
- Really Fast Delivery
- Discreet Packs
- Reliable Online Store
- Online Order Tracking
- Cheap Price Guarantee
- No Hidden Costs
General Info: Uses and Effects
Phenergan Promethazine is a drug that is classified as a first-generation antihistamine and used for the treatment of insomnia and motion sickness. It exerts its effect on the body by altering the activities of the chemicals that are present in the brain. The drug was developed in the 1940s by some scientists from Rhone-Poulenc laboratories.
Promethazine can lead to very severe breathing difficulty, as well as death in young children. Therefore, to avoid such sad occurrences as this, this drug should not be administered to children that are less than two years old. Also, the medicine should not be used in the treatment of asthma and pneumonia.
While making use of Phenergan in the treatment of the ailments that it is used for, you should call your doctor immediately if you notice any strange movements of your tongue, eyes, arms, and face as this could be a sign of very severe side effects.
Contraindication: Important to Know
One of the most contraindications of Promethazine is in patients who are less than the age of two, as well as patients that have a history of being hypertensive. It is also should not be used in the treatment of asthma and other ailments that affect the lower respiratory tract. Other examples are:
- Parkinson's symptoms;
- Lower seizure threshold;
- Brain disorder;
- Rapid heartbeat;
- Disease of the blood vessels and the heart;
- Decreased lung function;
- Peptic ulcer;
- Liver problems;
- Low blood calcium level;
- Adrenal gland tumor;
- Depression of the bone marrow;
- High quantity of bilirubin in the blood.
At the moment, it is still unknown what the effects of Phenergan on a fetus are. However, to be on the safe side, it is essential to let your doctor know if you have any plans to get pregnant or are already expecting a baby.
Instructions on Taking
The very first step in taking Promethazine is to know what the contraindications that are associated with this drug are. After being sure that you do not have any symptom or disease that is considered a contraindication to this medicine, the next step is to tell your doctor about your medical history.
Your professional healthcare provider is the only one who can tell you how this drug should be taken. In addition to following your doctor's instructions, also endeavor to take advantage of the guide that is provided by the prescription label. It is important to note that there is no exact dose of Promethazine. The right to change the treatment to suit your medical condition is reserved only for your doctor. This drug can be taken just after a meal or on an empty stomach. If you are taking Phenergan in a syrup form, then make sure that you make use of the measuring device that comes with this drug as it is the only way to get an accurate measurement. If you do not notice any improvement or notice a worsening of the situation after taking this medicine for a while, then you should call your physician's attention to it.
Phenergan Promethazine can be taken orally or rectally both at bedtime and before meals. Although the dose is usually determined by the doctor, it is generally between 6.25mg to 12.5mg. As the treatment progresses and the condition improves, the dosage is gradually reduced to the smallest amount that is needed to effectively control symptoms.
The exact dose of this drug that is to be taken is dependent on the ailment being treated. Below are some illnesses that require the use of Promethazine and the right dose for them:
- For Treating Allergies: when Phenergan is taken for the treatment of allergies, 25mg of this drug is needed. This can either be taken once before bedtime. It could also be taken two times, once before meals and once just before going to bed.
- For Treating Motion Sickness: when Promethazine is used in the treatment of motion sickness, 25mg should be taken two times daily. To make this treatment effective, it is vital that the drug is taken about an hour before embarking on a journey. The next dose should be taken about 12 hours after the initial one.
- For Treating Nausea: this drug can only be used to treat issues of vomiting when the cause of nausea is known. Averagely, 25mg of Phenergan is appropriate. If as a result of the severity of the vomiting, this medicine cannot be administered orally, then it can be taken parenterally.
- For Treating Sedation: promethazine is known to induce long hours of sleep. When used to get children to sleep, the dosage should be between 12.5mg and 25mg either orally or rectally. However, when it used in treating adults, the dose should be between 25mg and 50mg.
There are lots of side effects that are associated with Promethazine. Although not all of these adverse reactions are documented, some of them include:
- Dry mouth;
- Fatigue, drowsiness;
- Confusion in aging patients;
- Discomfort in the chest region;
- Respiratory difficulty in patients that are less than two years.
Interaction with Other Drugs
At the moment, Phenergan Promethazine is known to interact with 1163 drugs. There are 83 major interactions, 1026 moderate, and 54 minor interactions. Promethazine also interacts with alcohol and 18 diseases. Some of these ilnesses include asthma, breast cancer, head injury, CNS depression, alcohol intoxication, liver disease, and seizure disorders.
Some of the drugs that interact with Phenergan Generic are:
- Carafate (Sucralfate);
- Evening primrose.
To get the best from the use of Promethazine, always ensure that you avoid combining it with drugs that it has a significant interaction with. Also, it is essential to use Phenergan alongside medicines with which it interacts moderately.
13 July 2017
6 July 2017
27 Jun 2017
16 Jun 2017
13 Jun 2017
31 May 2017
15 May 2017
10 May 2017
21 Apr 2017
13 Apr 2017
25 Mar 2017