5 Sept 2017
Excellent based on 12 reviews
1 inh @ $29.85 per inh
Buy Ventolin Generic Tablets with our Product Satisfaction Guarantee. Ventolin Generic and Albuterol/Salbutamol drugs contain the same active substance
- Really Fast Delivery
- Discreet Packs
- Reliable Online Store
- Online Order Tracking
- Cheap Price Guarantee
- No Hidden Costs
General Info: Uses and Effects
Ventolin contains an active component called Salbutamol (also known as Albuterol). Ventolin is a selective agonist of ß2-adrenergic receptors. In therapeutic doses, this drug acts on beta-2-adrenoreceptors present in the bronchial muscles, providing short-term bronchodilation (4 to 6 hours) which occurs rapidly (within five minutes after application) in patients suffering from reversible airway obstruction.
Clinical trials conducted on children younger than four years of age who have bronchospasm connected with reversible obstructive airway disease have shown that Ventolin has a similar safety profile to the one in children aged 4 years and more, teenagers and adults. Salbutamol has been shown to be effective in the treatment of reversible obstruction of airways usually associated with asthma. It has particular significance in treating symptoms of moderate or severe asthma in children aged 4-11 years.
Ventolin Salbutamol can also be used intravenously and it exerts short elimination half-life. It is mostly excreted through the urine, and only minimal amounts are excreted through feces. If you swallow the dose you inhaled, then the most of Ventolin will be excreted through urine and there is no increased risk of nephrotoxicity in this case.
Contraindications: Important to Know
Ventolin should not be used in patients who have positive history of allergic reactions or hypersensitivity reactions to Salbutamol/Albuterol or any other bronchodilators. Allergic reactions may develop anaphylactic shock that may be fatal! Call your doctor right away if you notice skin rash, redness of the skin or edema.
You may experience taste perversion after applying Ventolin inhalation. This is normal reaction and you should not be worried about that. Do not stop your treatment just because it affects your taste.
Salbutamol is usually not applied alone in the treatment of asthma. Most commonly, Ventolin is combined with oral corticosteroids in order to reduce the frequency of asthma attacks. Even if you feel good while you are taking the medicine, your doctor will probably often evaluate your condition and health status and may decide to initiate some other drug as well.
You should never increase the dose on your own, without prior consultation with your physician. Increase in the dosage may increase the risk of experiencing side effects.
Taking bronchodilators, especially the ones that bind to the beta receptors in the heart (such as Salbutamol) may lead to sympathomimetic effects, including tachycardia, high blood pressure, ischemic heart disorders, and heart attack. Call your doctor immediately if you notice chest pain or rapid heart rate.
Ventolin should be used with special precaution in patients with hyperthyroidism (increased secretion of thyroid hormone). Use of this medicine in these patients may increase risk of cardiovascular side effects. As with any other inhaled drugs, Ventolin may also cause paradoxical bronchospasm that may be life-threatening. If you notice wheezing, you should call your doctor immediately.
Animal studies have revealed reproductive toxicity of Salbutamol, but the safety of its use in pregnant women has not yet been established. Rare cases of congenital malformations (cleft palate and heart malformations) have been reported in babies whose mothers took Ventolin during pregnancy. However, it is not fully determined whether this medication is responsible for these malformations. For that reason, use of Ventolin during pregnancy is recommended only if there is a clear benefit to the mother when compared to the risk to the fetus. The drug is probably excreted in breast milk therefore breastfeeding should be avoided while using the medicament.
Ventolin is intended for inhalation use only. Usual initial dose in the treatment of mild forms of asthma in adults is 100mcg (one inhalation) once a day. The dose can be increased up to 200mcg (two inhalations per day).
In order to prevent asthma attack induced by physical efforts or as a result of exposure to allergens, two inhalations are recommended 10-15 minutes prior physical efforts or exposure to allergens.
The recommended dose in chronic treatment of asthma is 2 inhalations 2-4 times a day. This dosage is the same for children aged 4-11 years as well as for adults.
The common signs and symptoms of the Ventolin overdose are transient pharmacological effects including tachycardia, tremor, hyperactivity, and metabolic disorders (such as low blood potassium).
If overdose occurs, it is extremely important to check the concentration of potassium in the blood. Patients with low potassium levels may experience severe irregular heartbeats which may be life-threatening. Low potassium levels may also lead to lower lactate levels and, consequently to metabolic acidosis. Supportive measures must be taken in order to prevent serious health consequences.
Ventolin Salbutamol may causet he following side effects:
- Hyperensitivity (allergic) reactions, including bronchospasm, urticaria, angioedema, hypotension, and collapse. However, these side effects occur very rarely.
- Nutrition disorders and metabolism.
- Hypokalemia - low blood potassium, including potentially severe hypokalaemia.
- Central nervous system disorders, including tremor, headache, hyperactivity. These adverse effects occur very rarely.
- Heart problems, including tachycardia, palpitations, cardiac arrhythmia (including supraventricular tachycardia, extrasystoles, and atrial fibrillation), and heart attack. These side effects have been very rarely reported.
- Respiratory problems, including paradoxical bronchospasm. These adverse reactions have been reported very rarely.
- Vascular disorders.
- Inflammation of the muscles.
- Inflammation of the joints.
- Gastrointestinal disorders.
- Peripheral vasodilatation.
- Irritation of the throat.
- Muscle ache.
You should inform your doctor if you notice any side effects.
Interactions with Other Drugs
There have been 23 major, 752 moderate and 27 minor interactions reported so far. Ventolin must not be used concomitantly with following medicines:
- Beta blockers, such as Sotalol (used to treat arrhythmia), Levobunolol, Timolol (used to treat glaucoma), Carvedilol (used to treat heart failure), Propranolol (used to treat hypertension), and Nadolol (used to treat ventricular arrhythmia). These drugs work by blocking beta-2 adrenergic receptors and may interfere with mechanism of the Ventolin's action. Therefore, the concomitant use may reduce effectiveness of both drugs.
- Mifepristone - a drug used for medical abortion. The concomitant use increases the risk of prolongation of QT interval which is manifested as a severe arrhythmia.
- Papaverine - a drug used to treat visceral spasms and erectile dysfunction. The concomitant use may cause lightheadedness, shortness of breath and palpitations.
Inform you doctor about all medicines, including herbal remedies, you are taking. The above-mentioned drugs do not include all the medicines that may interfere with Salbutamol.
20 Aug 2017
1 Aug 2017
13 July 2017
25 Jun 2017
22 Jun 2017
10 Jun 2017
21 May 2017
12 May 2017
24 Apr 2017
4 Apr 2017
27 Mar 2017